Another month, another MilitiaWatch Monthly. This time, we’re covering the broad strokes of March 2022. Read last month’s update here or January’s here. If you’d prefer to listen to an audio version of the information below, you may want to check out the MilitiaWatchMonthly podcast — an update covering February and March will be out soon. All MW updates (weeklies prior to 2022, monthlies from 2022 on) can be accessed via this link.
After a bit of a delay in publication, the MilitiaWatch monthly update for February 2022 is here below. An audio version is forthcoming, and this post will be updated to include it as soon as it’s posted. All MW updates (weeklies prior to 2022, monthlies from 2022 on) can be accessed via this link.
This guide is intended to be a resource for community organizers and members of communities expecting to have far-right militia groups and their ilk entering their area in the near future. It is not a comprehensive guide but should provide a basic outline for identifying actors, deducing the politics of rallygoers, and assessing risk when coming up against these actors. A one-page black-and-white printable flyer is available for download for the 18 September 2021 DC rally here.
Note: This page was put live incomplete in order to make sure the information is out there ahead of time. Please refresh to read the most up-to-date copy.
Another Monday, another MilitiaWatch weekly. This week, we feature some of the following news events:
- Member of racist prison gang pleads guilty to J6 charges
- SC cop moved to admin duty over III% sticker on vehicle
- CA militiamen charged for plotting to blow up Democrats
- Nick Fuentes and others show up at CPAC, cringe ensues
Happy July, y’all. Here’s a two-week update after MilitiaWatch took last Monday off. There’s a lot to cover here, but here are some included:
- Two new MilitiaWatch pieces (YCPT and III% Security Force)
- Moorish group has armed standoff in Massachusetts
- Stewart Rhodes talks to Feds, attends CPAC
- III% tattoo spotted on Food Network participant
- VA militia still raffling guns, gain writing position at local outlet
Unicorn Riot just hosted a leak from the III% Security Force’s Discord server, which is available to researchers here. Alongside the leak, they put out a very detailed analysis and context article that is well worth the read, too. The leaked messages cover January through April of 2021, totaling 8,358 messages.
This MilitiaWatch article, therefore, is intended to be a short companion piece to a Unicorn Riot leak and article. The group’s Discord served as a brief but important tool for the group after waves of bans and deplatforms spanning Facebook, Zello, YouTube, and more. This MilitiaWatch article serves to provide some background context but will briefly engage with the leaks further below.
Another short weekly update, covering some of the following:
- NFAC shooter arrested
- Bundy runs for governor
- Church hosts Q event in Virginia
- First J6 sentencing does not include jail time
This week, a brief update covering some of the following:
- Several police officers face consequences related to J6 riot
- Ex-police chief uses charity to fund violence
- Oath Keepers organization in turmoil, founder used funds from it on non-OK related goods
This week, an update featuring some of the following:
- More details emerge in Grizzly Scouts Boogaloo cases
- Neo-Nazi provocateurs plead guilty to gun charges
- J6 arrests near 500
- Bundy followers threaten another standoff
MilitiaWatch took a break from weekly updates last week so this week’s update covers the last two-ish weeks. Here are some high-level highlights:
- “National Popcorn Day” Boogaloo planning unearthed for Inauguration
- First active-duty officer arrested in connection to J6
- Kenosha police release token trophies
- Polo-wearing AR-15 brandisher runs for office
- DHS establishes CP3