Greetings! Here’s another MilitiaWatch monthly, this time covering April 2023. The update for March 2023 is available for your convenience here. This month, we cover several stories, including a BBQ standoff, more hijinx in Shasta County, and some more updates on the never-ending J6 trials.
Monthly: Dec 22
Happy New Year, MilitiaWatch readers! Here’s the first monthly update of 2023, covering the last month of 2022. While activity was a bit lower in December on the militia front as far as news stories go, mobilization was a key fixture of this month. In order to keep things brief, this monthly focuses on a small grouping of key happenings from December.
Also, just in case Twitter is where you follow MW, please consider following on Mastodon, too (who knows what Twitter policy may be tomorrow or next week, to be honest).
Finally, November’s Monthly is available here if you’d like to review what happened previously.
Monthly: Nov 22
After another hiatus (as is our pattern), we’re back with a MilitiaWatch Monthly–but dropping the podcast. Here are the broad strokes of November 2022. Read our last monthly (from March) here.
Also, feel free to follow us on Mastodon, where we share news excerpts in longer form than Twitter allows! We can be found here.
Monthly: Mar 22
Another month, another MilitiaWatch Monthly. This time, we’re covering the broad strokes of March 2022. Read last month’s update here or January’s here. If you’d prefer to listen to an audio version of the information below, you may want to check out the MilitiaWatchMonthly podcast — an update covering February and March will be out soon. All MW updates (weeklies prior to 2022, monthlies from 2022 on) can be accessed via this link.
Weekly: 26 July 21
Almost the end of July, the sixth month since the Capitol storming. This week, some updates on:
- Recent J6 arrestees include aman in gladiator cosplay
- Wolverine Watchmen-associated sheriff hires private eye to investigate voter fraud in his county, which went in favor of Trump
- Boogaloo adherent takes plea deal on underage enticement charges
Weekly: 14 Jun 21
This week, an update featuring some of the following:
- More details emerge in Grizzly Scouts Boogaloo cases
- Neo-Nazi provocateurs plead guilty to gun charges
- J6 arrests near 500
- Bundy followers threaten another standoff
Weekly: 7 Jun 21
Happy June! Here’s another week’s update on what militias and the associated far-right has been up to, including:
- A second person pleads guilty to J6 charges, Feds seek more
- Some J6 attendees blame QAnon for their actions
- Texas Boogaloo adherent pleads guilty
Weekly: 3 May 21
This weekly update features some of the following:
- Formations of a few militia groups in CA and elsewhere
- Boogaloo adherent and defense contractor charged in TX and NM
- Wolverine Watchmen planned to blow up a commuter bridge
- Georgia cop outed as Nazi leader, arrested with 11 illegal guns
- Ammo shortages impacting militia training
Weekly (x2) : 12 Apr 21
After a hiatus last week, we catch up with two weeks’ worth of weekly updates, including the following:
- Texas MyMilitia poster plotted to blow up an Amazon data center
- California Boogaloo adherents arrested for destroying evidence
- Another Proud Boys leader revealed as a Fed
- APC founder announces run for Michigan governor
- III% members assault SC couple at gunpoint
- Mother of Kyle Rittenhouse calls for audit of funds raised by Lin Wood
Weekly: 29 Mar 21
Chag sameach to those observing and happy Holi to those celebrating! Here’s a weekly round-up that’s a bit shorter than the last few weeks. This one covers the following:
- SC Senators aim to make all Palmetto State residents militia members
- Court docs indicate attempted “alliance” between Oath Keepers, III%, and Proud Boys
- Virginia sheriff’s office and county militia hold joint gun raffle