Greetings! Here’s another MilitiaWatch monthly, this time covering April 2023. The update for March 2023 is available for your convenience here. This month, we cover several stories, including a BBQ standoff, more hijinx in Shasta County, and some more updates on the never-ending J6 trials.
Happy July, y’all. Here’s a two-week update after MilitiaWatch took last Monday off. There’s a lot to cover here, but here are some included:
- Two new MilitiaWatch pieces (YCPT and III% Security Force)
- Moorish group has armed standoff in Massachusetts
- Stewart Rhodes talks to Feds, attends CPAC
- III% tattoo spotted on Food Network participant
- VA militia still raffling guns, gain writing position at local outlet
This weekly update features some of the following:
- Formations of a few militia groups in CA and elsewhere
- Boogaloo adherent and defense contractor charged in TX and NM
- Wolverine Watchmen planned to blow up a commuter bridge
- Georgia cop outed as Nazi leader, arrested with 11 illegal guns
- Ammo shortages impacting militia training
In the second MW weekly news round-up, some updates on last week’s stories and some updates on some much older stories, too. These new happenings are then related to reading within the MW archives and around the web. Here’s the weekly(ish) update for 19 October 2020.
Since the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police Department, every single state in the US has had a major protest in response. In some of these states, certain towns, cities, and capitals saw an escalation in tactics against the status quo.
With this action, of course, came several waves of reaction. These have included conservative and liberal media alike’s “antifa provocateur” or “outside agitator” claims, despite little evidence beyond vague gesturing from police departments and mayors that have been proven wrong time and time again. Other reactions have included those from GOP lawmakers calling for military force to be used against protesters, even earning some a platform in the Paper of Record. Yet other reactions from ostensibly the right have been those militia or militia-like groups involving themselves in or around these political happenings.